Creating PST files in Outlook 2007 is very simple and effortless task. You can easily create PST files in Microsoft Outlook 2007 with just a little guidance. Follow the steps given to create PST files in Outlook 2007.
Every one is very well aware of Microsoft Office suite. And so Microsoft Outlook is also a part of Office suite that comes within the Office package. There is no need to externally install it. Moreover, Microsoft Outlook is a very useful application in terms of mails and its related contents. Microsoft Outlook is an client email application used for sending and receiving emails and attachments. It comes in various versions like 2003, 2007, 2010 and so on. Outlook is quite capable of managing emails and other components in a proper manner. Outlook deploys a special feature for storing emails and other informations named as PST file. PST file is a personal storage table allowing you to copy and move emails and attachments from your email server’s mailbox account to your local computer.
In other words, it is a local archive or storage file created to save emails and other important files and documents on computer’s hard drive, USB drive or server share.
Benefits of creating PST file in Outlook 2007
- Mailbox size – the older versions of Outlook have limited storage capacity while Outlook 2007 has increased its storage capacity so that more and more emails can be stored .
- Backup and disaster recovery – keeping a copy of your emails on your local PC is a fast and easy method to recover in case of any disaster.
- Portability – PST file makes emails portable to be carried easily anywhere and anytime.
- Security – moving confidential emails from email server to local PC adds a layer of security.
Steps to create PST file in Outlook 2007
Unlike, previous versions of Outlook, there is a slight modification in this version while creating PST files. To create a PST file, follow the steps given below –
- Click on File option.
- Goto Data File Management and click.
- Select the type of data file you want.
- Click on OK.
- In a new window, browse the location where you want to save the file.
- Type the name for PST data file in the Name box, under Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box.
- Click on OK.
- Finally, close the account Settings dialog box.