Outlook Error 0x800ccc90 is the most common issues among other errors in MS Outlook application. This article will discuss some information about this Outlook error along with its causes and consequences. This article have also included the useful guideline to fix such errors.
Outlook Error 0x800ccc90 : This error code simply indicates that your incoming (POP3) email server has reported an internal error. The configuration of more than one POP3 account in the same Outlook profile leads to this Outlook error message. A user might get send-receive error report in the following way :
Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC90): ‘Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
MS Outlook triggers this error message while on the Send/Receive button in order to perform transformation of emails. This error code indicates that a user has crossed the limit of POP3 connections that are assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Some Possible Reasons For Outlook Error 0x800ccc90
- Using an antivirus program or Windows firewall. This is so because it can block your Outlook email and other functions performed. You can check it by minimizing security settings and after that try to send or receive email messages again.
- The another possible reason may be the incorrect port number of Outgoing Server which may result in this error.
- Using incorrect Outlook profile and other information like using false username and password might lead to the cause of this error. You must check the password and input the correct one. If Outlook application failed to match the details, it will trigger the error message as discussed here.
Manual Steps To Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc90
- Launch ‘MS Outlook‘
- Select ‘Tools‘ and choose ‘Send/Receive‘ settings option from the drop down list
- After that click on ‘Define Send/Receive Group‘ from sub drop down list
- To create a group click on ‘New‘ button
- In ‘Send/Receive‘ window provide a name for the group and click ‘OK‘
- Search for the Accounts column located on the left pane, select for the account you want to include in the group and make sure to check the ‘Include the selected account in this group‘ box.
- Navigate to advance settings and check for the settings in order to send and receive mail items.
- Enable the option ‘Download complete item including attachments’ option
- At last click ‘OK‘ button.
- Click on ‘Close‘ after creating ‘Send/Receive‘ group.
- Now click on Tools → Send/Receive to send and receive email.
Note : Repeat all the above steps each time you include a new account for the same Outlook profile under Send/Receive group.
Easiest Method To Resolve Outlook Error 0x800ccc90
If the manual steps failed to resolve the Outlook error, start using “PST Repair Tool” to easily fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc90. This tool is referred as an effective solution to fix Outlook issues. Besides this, it has the ability to fix corrupt PST files and helps in the effective recovery of Outlook data such as Journals, Calendar items, Contacts, Notes, Emails and Tasks.