Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017 is one of the generic Outlook error encounter by users on large extent during Microsoft office installation/update. This error creates numerous troubles for the users to make an effective utilization of MS Outlook applications. Most usually this error occurs when the antivirus software, firewall or proxy settings prohibits the users from installing MS Office.
Scenarios Accountable Behind the Occurrence Of Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017 :
- Pre-existing version of an Office Suite.
- The security program or the firewall might be blocking the Office installation.
- Proxy settings get enables on the computer system.
- Partial/incomplete/failed repair/change/elimination of the Office Suite.
Symptoms of Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016:
Due to this error one while trying to installing a Microsoft Office Installer package receives any one of the given below error message :
- Error Outlook errorCode 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016: Something Went wrong.
- Error Outlook errorCode 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016 during installation
- Error Outlook errorCode 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016: A fatal error occurred during installation. In a case if you click OK in the message box, the installation get rolls back.
How To Fix Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016
To resolve this Outlook issue it is suggested to register the msoffice.dll file and then after that Office Installer since it has been found that often these components are un-registered or corrupt and re-registering them solves the issue. Now regarding this implement the below discussed instructions :
Step 1 : Register the msoffice.dll file
- First of all click the Windows icon and then click Run. Now the Run window opens
- After that in the open box, type regsvr32 msoffice.dll and then tap OK.
- At last on the RegSvr32 screen, click OK.
Step 2 : Unregister and register Microsoft Office Installer
- Firstly click the Windows icon on the Windows taskbar and then type msiexec /unregister in the search programs and files box. After that tap Enter.
- Next click the Windows icon on the Windows taskbar and type msiexec /regserver in the Search program and files box. After that press Enter.
Step 3 : Temporarily disable Windows Update
- Firstly click the Windows icon. Then click All Programs → Windows Update.
- Now in the left pane, click Change settings.
- After that under recommended updates, click Never check for updates and then tap OK. In a case if one is prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, then type the password or provide information.
It is hoped that by executing the above mentioned instructions the Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017 while opening Office 2016 will get resolved but if however the error do not get fixed then in that situation it is strongly recommended to go with ‘PST Repair Tool’ since this tool has been referred as one of the comprehensive solution to all the Outlook associated issues. This tool include a very easy and interactive user-interface. It being equipped with numerous powerful and enhance algorithmic skills do have potential of fixing the Outlook Error Code 0xE4020017. Along with that it is also capable of resolving numerous other Outlook errors.