Outlook users have to often face PST corruption issues in Outlook that results in interruption in normal outlook operation or inaccessibility of data stored in PST files. So outlook provides an inbuilt component called scanpst.exe to repair corrupt PST files in Outlook. Though this is an effective tool but yet it comes with some limitation and fails to repair corrupt PST if it is severely damaged or there is some issues with Outlook installation. In these situations Outlook failed to repair corrupt PST and returns error message. One of such error is scanpst.exe entry point not found error in Outlook. Get a brief idea here about how to fix scanpst.exe entry point not found in Outlook.
Consider a practical scenario in which PST files in Outlook are inaccessible and thus to repair corrupt PST files when you run scanpst.exe tool it fails to repair corrupt PST and shows an unexpected error saying:
“Scanpst.exe entry point not found. The procedure entry point RCVR_Scan32@28 could not be located in the dynamic link library SCNPST32.dll”
Scanpst.exe entry point not found error indicates that there is a problem with the inbuilt utility tool some common cause for appearance of the error are:
- Scanpst32.dll file is missing or damaged
- Outlook application not properly installed in the system
- Damaged or corrupted PST files
- Oversize PST files in Outlook
- Reinstall Outlook and try to repair damaged PST file again.
- If the issues still persist than download latest and compatible version of scanpst32.dll file.
- If the error yet not solved than try to repair corrupt PST using third party software.
Outlook PST Repair software provides finest solution to repair corrupt PST and recover lost and inaccessible data from corrupt PST. It comes with advanced scanning algorithm that deeply scans entire PST file and repairs corrupt portion. The tool comes integrated with highly interactive user interface so that users with little technical experience can also use the tool with ease.