MS Outlook also described as Outlook email application developed by Microsoft to make office work easier. This Outlook application is bundled with great features that allow the users to manage appointments, events, save records and more. Outlook is a reliable application but still encounters error while accessing Outlook email. One of the most common error which a user face while accessing Outlook PST file is Outlook PST Error 0X80040116. In this article you will get to know more about this Error and the method to resolve this Outlook error.
Outlook PST Error 0X80040116
This Outlook error causes due to an Outlook profile issue. A prime reason behind this error message is the bugs found in Outlook. This error message can be resolved by handling the damaged file. Some of the error messages displayed after getting this Outlook error is as follows :
“Sending and receiving reported error (0x80040116): unknown error 0x80040116”
“Outlook.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116”
“Outlook.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116(where “Outlook.pst” is .pst file name)”
The above Outlook error messages can also occur if a user moved an Outlook PST file from, one location to another and after that try to send or receive email messages using that specific account.
Reasons Behind The Outlook Error
Some of the common reasons that might cause Outlook error as as follows :
- Improper connection in POP3 server
- Incorrect Outlook profile or Account settings
- Due to damaged or corrupt PST file
- Improper closing of Outlook Express
- Virus or Malware Infection
- Bulky Outlook mailbox
- Corrupt Header File
Method To Fix Outlook PST Error 0X80040116
There are two methods available to resolve MS Outlook error. Take a look –
Method 1 : Create a new Outlook Profile or Account
- Click Start → Control Panel
- Now search for the Mail option and click on it
- Mail setup wizard will open. Click on the option Show Profiles
- Select Properties and click on Data Files
- In the Account Settings wizard click on Set as Default
With the help of above steps you can fix Outlook error.
- In the Account Settings window, click on New under Email tab
- Enable the radio button of E-mail Account in the Add New Account window. After that fill the information required.
- After creating a new profile enabler the radio button with the option ‘Always use this profile’.
Method 2 : Use of Scanpst.exe
Microsoft has developed an inbuilt utility known as Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe to repair the damaged or corrupt PST. But this tool has some limitations due to which it failed to repair or fix Outlook error.
How To Resolve Outlook PST Error 0X80040116?
To effectively fix or resolve Outlook PST Error 0X80040116 experts have recommended “PST Repair Tool” which has an interactive and user friendly interface in order to help the user to perform the rescue operation of damaged or corrupt PST file. This tool easily resolve various Outlook error and bring your Outlook in a working form.